All topics and posts related to Advertising and Marketing

Moderator: Global Moderator

By RBarreto
#1120 Hi All,
I wanted to share my experience with anyone who is just starting out and cant decide what kind of marketing to start of with. One marketing route that got my phone ringing within hours and also got me my first wholesale deal was BANDIT SIGNS; obviously I can not guarantee anything so I would recommend to do your research before you go out and buy them and post them. They are fairly cheap but you should be aware of a few things before you go out to post these up,
1. you must check to see if the town you want to post them up in allows it or if you need a permit
2. it will take a pretty long time if you don't have someone driving and you posting or vice versa
3. you must either make a sign stapler or find someone who has one and can let you borrow it because without it nothing is going to be posted
4. you can post at whatever time of the day but the BEST time to post these signs up are during the after hours (12am-6am)
5. you want to make sure to have your phone by your side at all times after you've put the signs up and to respond quickly to these phone calls regardless what time of the day it is (especially if your just starting out) because someone else might get there before you

The up side to all of this is getting a deal! :beer I invested about 75$ for signs and spent 2 1/2 hours posting them up, spent another 5-6 hours meeting the seller that called me and showing the property to end buyers and after all expenses and closing fees my partner and I netted a little over $12,000 ($6,000 each) not bad for a first deal. I hoped this helped in someway, if there is anything I may have missed that you may think is important please feel free to add. Thank You!
By RyanPal
#1121 congrats and thanks for sharing :beer

i definitely suggest finding out what towns are "ok" with this and which are not. i learned the hard way: http://www.ryanpal.com/realestatejedi/warrant-for-your-arrest-from-i-buy-houses-signs/

i'm looking to create a directory which shares investors experiences of which towns are "safe" and which to "avoid"...what do you think?
By RBarreto
RyanPal wrote:congrats and thanks for sharing :beer

i definitely suggest finding out what towns are "ok" with this and which are not. i learned the hard way: http://www.ryanpal.com/realestatejedi/warrant-for-your-arrest-from-i-buy-houses-signs/

i'm looking to create a directory which shares investors experiences of which towns are "safe" and which to "avoid"...what do you think?

I think creating the directory would definitely be very helpful.